Covenant of Mayors Office
63-67 Rue d’Arlon
‘Covenant Coordinators’ are those public administrations which provide strategic guidance, financial and technical support to municipalities signing up to the Covenant of Mayors but lacking necessary skills and/or resources to fulfil their requirements.
Alongside financial assistance, Covenant Coordinators typically support signatories in conducting a CO2 emission inventory and/or a climate risk assessment, as well as in preparing and implementing their Sustainable Energy and Climate Action Plans.
Covenant Coordinators are:
- decentralised authorities, such as regions, provinces or grouping of local authorities,
- national public bodies such as national energy agencies.
Covenant Coordinators are considered by the European Commission as key allies of the Covenant of Mayors Office, as they play a decisive role in reaching out to local authorities in their territory and providing signatories with the technical, financial, administrative and political support necessary to fulfil their commitments.
Città Metropolitana di Torino
|Main contact:||Silvio De Nigris|
Support provided to signatories
- Dissemination of Covenant promotion materials (brochure, thematic leaflets, etc.)
- Leverage of own communication tools (e.g. newsletter, website, mailing lists, etc.)
- Organisation of events
- Direct financial support: Budget allocated to the Covenant of Mayors in €?
- Indirect support through staff assigned
- Political and/or technical working group(s) set up
- Development or adaptation of technical guidelines
- Consultancy commissioned for the technical support
- Inclusion of the Covenant in the agenda of its working groups, committees or other relevant fora
- Support to peer-review and mentoring by experienced signatories
- Cooperation with the media
- Organisation of meetings with key stakeholders (e.g. national government representatives, private or banking sector)
- Actions to raise the political profile of the Covenant of Mayors
- Support to signatories for the organisation of their Local Energy Days
- Organisation of Territorial Energy Days
|Methodology for the SEAP drafting in the Province of Torino||454 Ko||it|
|Supporting Municipalities in Covenant of Mayor Initiative||102 Ko||en|
Description: An overview on the activities carried out by some Municipalities in the territory of the Province of Turin. (November 2012)
Signatories involved: Bruino, Buttigliera Alta, Collegno, Ivrea, Pomaretto, Unione dei Comuni NET
Rate this benchmark: (6 votes)
The sole responsibility for the content of this website lies with the authors. It does not reflect the opinion of the European Union. The European Commission is not responsible for any use that may be made of the information contained therein.
Covenant of Mayors for Climate & Energy
The Covenant Step by Step
Local and Regional Energy Agencies
Monitoring Action Plans
Signatories’ Benchmark of Excellence
Coordinators and Supporters’ Benchmark of Excellence
As a Local Authority
As a Province or Region
As a Network of Local Authorities
As an Associated Partner
As a Local and Regional Energy Agency