Covenant of Mayors Office
63-67 Rue d’Arlon
European cities who wish to exchange with a city facing similar challenges in another region of the world are encouraged to apply for the EU's International Urban Cooperation (IUC) city-to-city cooperation programme on sustainable urban development.
Submissions for pairings with Chinese cities (Chongqing, Shantou, Zhengzhou, Changchun/Jingyue, Longyan) are now open until 10 April 2017.
Successful candidates will be paired with a city that faces related challenges, allowing both parties to build cooperation and share knowledge. Representatives from each city will take part in study tours, staff exchange, trainings and seminars, etc. and will develop together a local action plan to drive sustainable urban development in the selected area.
- LEARN - Get access to new ways of approaching challenges and benefit from a wider pool of good practices to draw upon
- SHARE - Help others solve issues by sharing your own experience and relaying knowledge
- EXCHANGE - Open your city to dialogue and partnership with peers from other parts of the world, and relevant stakeholders
- SHOWCASE- Profile your best practices and achievements at international level
- IMPLEMENT - Work with new partners to make your vision of sustainable urban development a reality.
Local leaders can apply to take part in the programme until 10 April 2017, through filling in this application form.
Covenant of Mayors for Climate & Energy
The Covenant of Mayors going global
Covenant of Mayors Board
The Covenant Step by Step
Adaptation to climate change
Local and Regional Energy Agencies
Monitoring Action Plans
Signatories’ Benchmark of Excellence
Coordinators and Supporters’ Benchmarks of Excellence
As a Local Authority
As a Province or Region
As a Network of Local Authorities
As an Associated Partner
As a Local and Regional Energy Agency