Covenant of Mayors Office
63-67 Rue d’Arlon
The Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) is an easy way to find your answers about the Covenant of Mayors. A question? Please check the FAQ page.
What is the role of Covenant Coordinators?
The European Commission recognises Covenant Coordinators as important allies to support Covenant of Mayors signatories to meet their commitments and increase the impact of the Covenant.
Typical tasks to be undertaken by a Covenant Coordinator include:
- Promote accession to the Covenant of Mayors
- Provide technical and strategic assistance to signatory municipalities for the development, implementation and monitoring of their Sustainable Energy Action Plans / Sustainable Energy and Climate Action Plans
- Provide financial support to signatories, either in the form of direct support (grants, subsidies, etc.) and/or via human resources allocated to technical support
- Support experience and knowledge sharing between (existing and potential) Covenant Signatories
- Work in partnership with other Covenant National/Territorial Coordinators and Supporters to foster joint action and promote a coordinated approach
- Participate in Covenant of Mayors activities and help identify relevant events where the Covenant of Mayors could be promoted
- Report regularly, and not less than every two years, to the Covenant of Mayors Office on the activities carried out to support signatories and participate in the strategic implementation of the Covenant.
Covenant Coordinators’ participation in the initiative will be suspended by the Covenant of Mayors Office in case of non-compliance with the above-mentioned commitments.
Covenant of Mayors for Climate & Energy
The Covenant of Mayors going global
The Covenant Step by Step
Covenant of Mayors Board
Adaptation to climate change
Local and Regional Energy Agencies
Monitoring Action Plans
Signatories’ Benchmark of Excellence
Coordinators and Supporters’ Benchmarks of Excellence
As a Local Authority
As a Province or Region
As a Network of Local Authorities
As an Associated Partner
As a Local and Regional Energy Agency