Covenant of Mayors Office
63-67 Rue d’Arlon
The Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) is an easy way to find your answers about the Covenant of Mayors. A question? Please check the FAQ page.
How, in practice, are the Covenant Coordinators involved in the initiative and what are the benefits?
The advantages of becoming Covenant Coordinator are manifold:
- Endorsement and recognition from the European Commission;
- Large visibility on an international scale, notably through promotion of their actions on the Covenant website;
- Networking, experience and knowledge-sharing with European counterparts;
- Scientific and technical feedback on tools and methodologies developed;
- Participation in dedicated discussion groups, workshops and other experience-sharing platforms;
- Last but not least, consolidation of territorial development and strengthening of local governance.
In practice, your organisation as Covenant Coordinator, has access to the password-protected area "My Covenant" which offers you a way to share information and key data with the whole Covenant community and to increase the visibility of your organisation through dedicated sections.
Through My Covenant, you can:
- Keep your profile but also the local authorities’ profiles associated to yours, always up-to-date;
- Invite signatories to be linked to your online profile;
- Keep track of your signatory’s progress (SEAP, SECAP, monitoring...);
- Submit a 18-month extension of your signatories SEAP submission deadline. See how to request an extension;
- Request a 18-month extension of your signatories monitoring submission deadline. See how to request an extension;
- Make your Benchmarks of Excellence (i.e. your key implemented actions) visible to the Covenant community and beyond;
- Upload and share useful resources on the Capacity sharing platform and participate in discussion groups;
- Publish your events in the agenda;
- Network with the Covenant community (through the forums, webinars, events...) and get inspired by their actions.
The extranet (My Covenant) and the public profile are synchronised; most of the information you enter in the extranet directly feeds into the public website.
Covenant of Mayors for Climate & Energy
The Covenant of Mayors going global
The Covenant Step by Step
Adaptation to climate change
Local and Regional Energy Agencies
Monitoring Action Plans
Signatories’ Benchmark of Excellence
Coordinators and Supporters’ Benchmark of Excellence
As a Local Authority
As a Province or Region
As a Network of Local Authorities
As an Associated Partner
As a Local and Regional Energy Agency