OER - "Orase Energie Romania" (Energy Cities Romania) is a specialized organization in energy efficient technologies, sustainable energy strategies, renewable energy policies, aiming to promote and disseminate information on Energy and Mobility matters. The association gathers 34 members, important municipalities and metropolitan associations from all over the country, represented by Mayors. The total number of inhabitants represented by OER is roughly 3.5 millions.
- Implementation of EE, RES and Mobility European Projects.
- Promoting the Covenant of Mayors at local, regional, national and European level
- Promoting national strategies and shining examples at European level
- Dialogue facilitator between Local and Central Authorities, in the field of Energy, Mobility and Environment
- Synergy provider for the exchange of knowledge and information between members and Covenant of Mayors Signatories, with relevant key actors, similar initiatives and projects in Romania / Europe
- Tailored technical support provider for Local Authorities in defining and implementing Sustainable Energy Action Plans
- Technical legal consultancy and recommendations offered to members and CoM Signatories
- Capacity building workshops and trainings organization for Local Authorities
- Publication and dissemination of energy & mobility related newsletters and articles
- Local Authorities position taking at national and European level
- National Coordinator of the Romanian Mayors Club, an association of CoM Sigantories, created through the NET-COM European Project
- National Coordinator of the Sustainable Urban Mobility Plans Network in Romania, created through the ENDURANCE European Project.
|OER - Commitment Statement,06 Dec 2016||en||2009||Download|